Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I don't really do resolutions.

The closest thing to a resolution I guess I'd have is to keep up with this blog. We shall see.
We bought Creacher 1 and 2 cowboy boots yesterday. So, the first thing I woke up to this morning is 4 shit-kicker-shod feet barreling down the hallway. We have a long, hardwood floor, echoing hallway. No sleeping in on this New Years Day. They did go downstairs, where the screaming/fighting, of course, quickly commensed, followed shortly by much cuter cooing from Creacher 3s room. Up and at 'em! At least there was breakfast to wake up to...more on that later.

We foolishly let Creacher 1 and 2 stay up til midnight, but due to Dick Clark's Rockin New Year's Eve airing the ball drop an hour early for central time (wtf?) we actually missed OUR own countdown because we were deliriously dancing to Brandy or Pit Bull or whoever.... and of course as every parent knows, a later bedtime never translates into later wake time. Hence, the Cranky Boots here:




I also did another over night crockpot recipe, from Pinterest. This one went over much better than the French toast one I tried for Christmas Eve morning. (It was the crockpot French Toast, turned out the consistency of bread pudding, a little bland. The men, especially the tallest one, were unimpressed)




Hashbrowns, bacon and egg casserole from www.alattewithotta.com

After reading the comments, I added 2 more eggs, a little more milk and some salsa. I also skipped the dill and just added a little seasoned salt. I'm also very proud of my resourcefulness born out of laziness, I used real bacon bits instead of like, bacon I had to cook or chop up myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment