Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hop on my train of thought

I have these decorative mexican tiles placed in between the terra cotta ones of my kitchen floor. I have these awful royal blue ceramic tiles on the front facing of my beautiful staircase. I have already tried one intervention on the staircase tiles, muting their awful bathroom like shininess by spraying window frost on them. Meh. It's an improvement of sorts I guess. I started thinking the other day, based on a project I did at a Pinterest Party( that's right), the tile coaster scrapbook paper mod podge deal, that I could use scrapbook paper to mod podge over the tiles on the stairs. The dilemma though is tying one design into the existing one of the blue mexican tiles. I ruminated. Now this is my idea. Take the picture of the decorative tile, crop to dimensions of stair tiles, print mulitple copies then mod podge the pics onto the gawdy bathroom-esque tiles. Thoughts?

My first tile intervention before and after. There IS a difference, you can SEE the difference, right?

The decorative tile from the kitchen floor.

The modpodged coasters that got me thinking....

Staircase with offending tiles

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea. And you could always put your prepped papers against the stairs to see how you like the effect before you actually mod-podge it. I am lazier though and would probably just paint the tiles white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a wonderful idea. Much easier than trying to coordinate scrapbook paper with the Mexican tiles.

    ReplyDelete